A message from our founders to our valued guests and community
As we navigate this unexpected, unprecedented global pandemic that we are all collectively facing, we stand unified. Our heart felt condolences to those who have lost their loved ones, to those who are suffering from this virus personally, within their families, in their communities.
We give gratitude to all those on the front lines of service and we are committed to our national government, the WHO, and our local and national health authorities during this time to ensure the health and wellness of our guests and employees. We believe that this too shall pass, but in the meantime we are here for you, we are here for our staff, we are here for our community.
We look forward to hosting you at Kaya Bloom, our safe sanctuary, where we assure your peace of mind and safety this holiday. We remain at your disposition to answer any of your questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 policy and protocols that we have in place to serve you better. Be well.
Lindsey Walker & Gatsby Failliot
“In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the role of tourism in rural development is more relevant than ever. Tourism in rural areas offers important opportunities for recovery as rural areas are less populated and offer access to open-air experiences… It is therefore of critical importance to support them in facing the economic and social effects of the pandemic.”United Nations World Health Organization, 2020
Kaya Bloom is a Safe Sanctuary
Social distancing by nature.
Our large and spacious property allows guests to easily social distance. The reception, lounge, restaurant, bar and pool area are all open-air and each accommodations is extremely private.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
We have adjusted our Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy to give you peace of mind and flexibility in your travel plans with us.
Keeping our Community COVID-free
We, at Kaya Bloom, are watching the pandemic closely and are observing the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Instituto Costarricense de Turismo (ICT) guidelines to ensure that all precautions are taken to manage the situation with increased health and safety measures. The health and wellness of our guests and employees remains our top priority at all times. By protecting yourself, you protect our community. Let’s take care of each other and stay COVID free!
Increased health and safety measures at Kaya Bloom:
- Guests may be asked to provide a more detailed background relating to their travel history
- All public areas and back-house areas are sanitized multiple times a day, with extra attention to high-flow and high-contact points
- All rooms are deep cleaned and disinfected with virus-specific products and protocols before your arrival
- Hand sanitizer is available at multiple points of passage throughout the property and mandatory to use upon entrance to the lodge
- Disposable masks are available at reception should you require one at any point during your stay
- All staff have undergone specific COVID-19 awareness training
- Our staff wear masks at all times and follow the Instituto Costarricense de Turismo guidelines for hotel and restoration services.
Can I travel to Costa Rica?
Costa Rica, as of November 1st, has opened its air borders to the world. This includes ALL of the states in the USA, Canada, and the EU. Please refer to the full list and requirements here. A negative PCR test is NOT required for entry. Upon arrival, a 14-day quarantine is NOT required. This information may change suddenly, so always refer to your countries and the Costa Rican government travel and health advisories.
What do I need to do to enter Costa Rica during COVID?
It’s easy, fulfill these 2 simple steps and you’re on your way! Simple as that!
- Mandatory Travel Insurance – with a minimum of $50,000 USD for medical expenses in cases of COVID-19 in Costa Rica and a minimum of $2,000 USD for extended lodging expenses incase of illness. You may purchase a travel insurance policy from INS or Sagicor, two insurance providers approved by the General Superintendence of Insurance (SUGESE) that fulfil the requirements
you may use your own international travel insurance as long as you are able to prove the fulfillment of the above requirements.
- Complete an Epidemiological Digital Form known as a “Health Pass”.
Are beaches open during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes! Beaches are open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weeknights, and from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends
What kinds of activities are permitted in Costa Rican during COVID-19 pandemic?
Outdoor tours such as walking, hiking, canopy tours, rafting, surfing and other recreational aquatic activities and aero recreational activities are permitted.
Should you choose to book organized tours, they will be conducted in smaller group sizes, meaning you get to enjoy more personalized and intimate activities!
Are restaurants and bars open?
Yes! Restaurants and specifically authorised bars are open. Both types of establishments have to adhere to specific health protocols
Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel?
Is a curfew in place?
Do driving restrictions apply to rental cars?
Is public transportation operating?
Is COVID-19 testing easily available should I feel ill?
Testing is available in our neighboring city of Cobano, 15 minutes away. Otherwise testing is widely available at Hospital La Católica, Hospital Cima, Hospital Metropolitano, and Hospital Clinica Biblica as well as the following laboratories located around Costa Rica: LABIN, Echandi, Laboratorio Páez, Laboratorios San José. The cost is around USD 100, and the results are typically ready within 24 to 48 hours.